How To Do The Shopping Cart Trick
What is The Shopping Cart Trick??
It’s a way to get approved for credit cards without getting a hard pull on your credit report. Therefore, what usually happens is instead of your credit score going down due to a hard pull, it goes up when a new account is reported.
Who should use The Shopping Cart Trick?
- Anyone with:
- A low credit score
- Negative credit history or No history
- Too many credit inquiries
Why is this helpful?
If you have a low credit score or no credit history hard inquiries can be detrimental to your overall credit health, which makes building or rebuilding difficult. Even more so, a below average score can lead to being denied all together with a traditional application. The shopping cart tricks avoids these problems. For example, I know people that have been denied through a traditional Victoria’s Secret application, but approved through the shopping cart trick.
This is not a tool you should use to go credit crazy. But it works great to rebuild your credit without having to shell out money for secured credit cards.
How to do it:
The shopping cart trick is done primarily with stores that uses Comenity Bank as it’s credit card issuer. While some others may work (And if so please comment below), it’s mostly CB stores.
- Clear your browser history, cache and cookies.
- Visit the website of one of the stores listed below. Register with them and subscribe to their email list.
- Place one or two items in your cart and go to check out.
- Proceed with the check out process, either right after you enter your shipping address or right before you are to select a payment method and pop up will appear with urging you to apply for their store card.
If this pops up here you are good money. You’ll know it’s the Shopping Cart Method (which mean a soft pull to your account) because it will only ask you for the last four digits of your social.
List of stores:
Saturday Night Live Credit Card